Roxby Council
Email Us

Rates can be made by a single payment prior to the first quarter due date or by quarterly instalments, which are set by Council resolution generally in the months of October, December, March and June. The total outstanding balance of rates may be paid in full at any time. Council will send out instalment notices to ratepayers advising them of their next instalment due date at least 30 days prior to the due date.

Rates may be paid:

• By using the BPAY service through participating banks;
• By mail by posting a cheque to PO Box 124, Roxby Downs 5725; or
• In person, at the Council office, Richardson Place, Roxby Downs 5725 SA (during business hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
• By Credit Card in person or by Phone 08 8671 0010

EFTPOS facilities are available for over the counter payments.

Penalties do apply to outstanding rates therefore any ratepayer who may, or is likely to, experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment requirements, or is planning an extended absence at the time rates are due is invited to contact our Rates Officer on 08 8671 0010 to discuss alternative payment arrangements. The Council treats such inquiries confidentially.

Rates are due:

• 17 October each year
• 19 December each year
• 20 March each year
• 19 June each year

Pensioner Concession

An eligible pensioner may be entitled to a State concession on Council rates and water and effluent charges where applicable. An eligible pensioner must hold a Pension Card, State Concession Card or be a T.P.I. Pensioner. They must also reside at and be responsible for the payment of rates on the property for which they are claiming a concession.

Applications are administered by the State Government and application forms are available from SA Water and its District Offices or from the Department of Human Services. Payment of rates should not be withheld pending assessment of an application by the State Government, as penalties apply to unpaid rates. A refund of rates will be paid to an eligible pensioner if Council is advised that a concession applies and the rates have already been paid.

State Seniors Card

A person who holds a State Seniors Card may be entitled to a concession of general and separate rates under the Local Government Act 1999, providing the land constitutes the person’s principal place of residence.

In the case of couples, both must qualify, or if only one holds a State senior’s card, the other must not be in paid employment for more than 20 hours per week.  A person is not entitled to receive both the State Seniors Card concession and the Pensioner concession.

The concession is administered by Revenue SA who can be contacted on 1300 366 150.

Unemployed persons Concession

The Department of Human Services (Families SA Division) may assist with the payment of Council rates on unemployed ratepayers principal place of residence (concessions are not available on vacant land or rental premises). Please contact your nearest Family and Youth Services office for details. Payment of rates should not be withheld pending assessments by SA Water, Revenue SA or Families SA, as penalties will arise.

Contact Council

6 Richardson Place

Roxby Downs SA 5725

Monday to Friday

9.00am - 5.00pm

Closed Public Holidays

PO Box 124

Roxby Downs SA 5725

Phone: (08) 8671 0010

Fax: (08) 8671 0452

Email Us

Roxby Downs South Australia